The North East Coalition of Motorcycle Clubs again met at Angels Place last night, with a great turn-out from everyone.
Here’s a few things that are happening in March and April:
- 31.3: HAMC Poker Run, starts at 1.00 pm at Angels Place. £10.00 per bike which includes food, party and music – from Hellraiser.
- 31.3: Infidels MCC is hosting an Easter Egg run round Northumberland, meeting at Woodhorn Museum
- 7.4: Erebos MCC is hosting a Bike and Custom Show, at Durham Catholic Club, DH4 7JZ
The next meeting is on 30.3, at 8.00 pm. There are lots of websites and Facebook pages for all NECMC groups, so get online and help support them and the NECMC.
The warm summer sun shone down on Ray and I as we revved up the trikes, making our way down to Angels Place for the North East Coalition of Motorcycle Clubs’ meeting last Friday. Many others had taken also had the same idea, lining the street outside the pub with their beautiful bikes. Clutching a glass of the amber nectar, we stayed outside for some chat with our coalition friends. It’s a great way to start the meeting.
Steve got the meeting underway and there were a few absentees this month. Firstly, he thanked everyone for coming down to the NECMC photo shoot at the Angel of the North on Wednesday. It was a great turn-out from everyone in the coalition, with nearly two hundred people there. The HA will get some prints and canvas pictures made for everyone for a reasonable cost. In the meantime, here’s a sneak preview from the picture that made its way onto Facebook.
Everyone then ran through the various events and activities that are coming our way over the summer. We’ve listed some of these in our February write-up, here, but in addition we’ve got the following …
- 10.6: the HA is hosting a rave at Angels Place, with live bands and DJs keeping everyone entertained
- 1.7: HAMC Custom Bike Show, with loads of north-east custom bikes on display. Get there for about one o’clock. There are loads of categories for bikes, so get your chrome polished ready for the day.
- 18.6: the Bad-Landers MCC is convening the annual Armed Forces Day at Bents Park. It’s on between ten and five o’clock and it looks like there’s a stack of things to do, including bands, a bike and car show, and the parade itself. If anyone would like to join the parade from Angels Place to Bents Park, get there for about nine o’clock, ready to ride at quarter to ten. There’s also a raffle with some big money prizes. All in support of our armed forces.
- 23.7: the Ride of Respect to Catterick. Starts at Angels Place at eleven o’clock. It’ll be busy, so get there early.
- 5.6: Brigantes Brotherhood MCC is hosting an Open Night
- 24.6: Geordie HOG ABC ride, starting at Albemarle, up to Boulmer and then to HMS Calliope. You’ll need to have photo ID with you to join this ride.
- 24.6: the Hylton Hornets MCC is hosting a fund-raiser for the RVI Children’s Wards, 1A and 7, at 12.00 pm. It looks like it will be a great day for the entire family. It’s on at The Golden Lion, South Hylton.
As an aside Bellatorum MCC thanked everyone for their support at the recent event at their place. They raised more than £1,000, bringing their total to nearly £6,500 so far this year.
The next meeting is on 30.6 at 8.00 pm. There are lots of websites and Facebook pages for all these groups, so get online and help support them and the NECMC.
The North East Coalition of Motorcycle Clubs again met at Angels Place last night. Bikers had already packed the place by the time we arrived, so we went upstairs sooner than the others. We had a brief chat with Graham and Lyn, from the 2012 MCC, as everyone else made their way upstairs too. Craig led the meeting.
The Coalition Coordinator got things underway by welcoming the Gunnars MCC to the Coalition. They’ve been to a few meetings now and everyone welcomed them aboard. Back to Craig, and he outlined a few things happening in the coming months. Last month’s write-up, here, describes a few of them but in addition, there’s:
- 24.3: Hells Angels Anniversary, with The Revolutionaires
- 1.4: HAMC Poker Run, as described last month, will also include a hog roast. The ride should start about 11.00 am, so get there early.
- 15.4: the Wyrm Riders Brotherhood is hosting an Alice Cooper Nightmare, Alice in Sunderland, with an Alice tribute band. It’s all for charity, so get along if you can. It’s at The Point. Flyers should be available at the next meeting.
- 1.7: HAMC Custom Bike Show, with loads of north-east custom bikes on display
- 23.7: Bad-Landers MCC Ride of Respect
Craig finished with an impassioned speech about what a great thing the NECMC is and how we all stick together. There’s a fantastic spirit within the group, and long may it last. Everyone needs to play their part in keeping it cohesive, watching out for each other.
The next meeting is on 31.3, at 8.00 pm. There are lots of websites and Facebook pages for all these groups, so get online and help support them and the NECMC.
Ray, our Coalition Officer, led the way to the monthly meeting of the North East Coalition of Motorcycle Clubs at Angels Place, on Friday. We got there as the place was warming up and the band was getting ready. Armed with a drink, we made our way upstairs for the formal proceedings. The place was packed, and some highlight events include:
- HAMC: St Valentine’s Massacre, 11.2.17, at Angels Place
- HAMC: Rock Night, every Thursday, at Angels Place
- Patriots MC: Twentieth Anniversary Rally, 5.5 – 7.5, in Bristol. See Patriots MC website for more details.
- Bellatorum MCC: Family Day, 20.5, at Sunningdale School
- Brigantes Brotherhood: 18.3 charity night and 20.3 open night
- Draconians MCC: Life’s a Pitch Rally, 14.7 – 16.7, at Swalwell Junior Football Club
- Dragonslayer MCC: St George’s Rock Night, 22.4, at A1 Allerdene Club
- Hylton Hornets MCC: Rock Night, 21.4, at South Hylton Club
- NABD: You’ve Been NABD’d Rally, 5.5 – 7.5, in Cheshire. See NABD website for more details.
- The North Men MCC: Eight Gathering, 18.8 – 20.8, at West Hall Camp Site
- 2012 MCC: Great North Swap Meet, 19.3, at Twin City Motorcycles
- Twisted Sprockets MCC: Pre-season Prom, 4.3, at Stormont Main Social Club
- Wyrm Ryders Brotherhood: Alice Cooper’s Nightmare, 1.4, at Sunderland
The Coalition Coordinator confirmed the final amount raised in 2016 was £23,390, which is amazing.
The evening then drifted back downstairs for some more beer and fun. The next meeting is on 24.2, at 8.00 pm.
There are lots of websites and Facebook pages for all these groups, so get online and help support them and the NECMC.